Sunday, January 23, 2022

2021

In 2021 we were in a lockdown, in home office, dealing with home schooling, not on vacation, looking for new ways to express ourselves since the old ways apparently might prove fatal.

While I still did a good number of portraits and weddings, I found myself not getting out into nature as much as I used to. Perhaps this stay-at-home attitude affected my way of visual thinking and I turned to my fish-eye lens again and again when I did go out.

Here are four relatively different views through the fish-eye lens, a bit of optic trickery which allows the camera to capture 190° with one shot (I was using a f2.0/6.5mm lens from Meike - affordable and good).

At f22 the sunlight turns into a starburst.


The photo-within-a-photo genre takes on new possibilities with this lens because so much of the worlds are captured by the extreme range of the lens.


For my attempts to make my photos take on an abstract quality, the fish-eye is often helpful.


The larger the frame, the more expansive is the story you can tell with one shot. I like reflections in puddles for the multi-layered experience they offer.


Have you used fish-eye lenses during your shoots? What do you most like using them for?

3 comments: