Friday, July 6, 2018

Back to nature




The great thing about having a new camera is that it gives you new impulses and a renewed interest in capturing images. The mighty resolution and astonishing crispness of the Sony A7iii and the 24-105 lens have drawn me into the countryside lately. Without an idea of what I was going to photograph, I simply followed my lens and pressed the button. This is the first nature series I shot.

The sky was overcast but it was dry and bright. In order to catch the detail of the underside of the leaves, I overexposed by +1.7. I love the element of purity coupled with the spring buds, and yet spider webs can be found creeping all over the leaves and branches.







The images above live from the negative space surrounding the branches. Then I saw layers in the pictures, which add depth to them.











It's amazing how relaxing these images are for me to look at. After all those years shooting in the city and the evenings at events, being out in nature and looking heavenward is teaching me to relax and enjoy everything around me.


3 comments:

  1. love these - they do have a Penn quality

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Uka! The white background reminds me more of Helmut Newton, or what elements point to Penn for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous. I love the vibrant colors and the details.

    ReplyDelete